Mrs. Lauren Lyons
Welcome to Mrs. Lyons' 3rd Grade Class!
I am SO EXCITED to have your child in my 3rd-grade class this year!
We learn a lot AND we have a lot of fun.
I live by the motto:
Work Hard, Play Hard
and I intend to share this passion for life with your child this year.
My Teaching Philosophy:
I believe in the education of the whole child. Learning is not achieved solely through sitting at a desk, pencil in hand, with a teacher at the helm. Learning is curiosity, experimentation and the eagerness to continue learning outside of the classroom. Learning is not only math and reading but also science, technology, engineering, the arts, and play with peers and family. Learning is unique to each child: there is no "one-size-fits-all" in education in 2020. Rather, my belief is that multiple methods must be used daily in the classroom to touch on the unique learning style of every student.
A little about me:
- 4th year of teaching at IACS - I absolutely love this school!
- Graduated from Colorado State University where I achieved a B. S. in Microbiology.
- Graduated from Colorado Christian University with my Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, with a concentration in Experiential Learning.
- I enjoy spending time with my family, camping, fishing, traveling, and living life every day.
- My favorite quote: "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Need to contact me?
The best way to contact me is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org